If you don't find the answer to a question you may have, or if you need any further assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How long after I complete my course before it will be graded?
- Courses will be graded by the instructor within three business days of your submission.
- Will I get a certificate or other documentation when I successfully complete the course?
- Yes, upon receiving a passing grade, you will receive a Certificate of Completion for the course. An email will be sent to you, containing a link to download the certificate.
- I have not yet received my Certificate of Completion and I passed my course. What do I do?
If you have been dropped from the course, then you won't be able to download your certificate from the course certificate page. We implemented a new certificate feature to allow users to download their certificates. However, the certificates you have received before we implemented this feature may not be included. Going forward, certificates you receive can be downloaded from your "My certificates" page. To get to your "My certificates" page,
- Click on "My Courses"
- Click on "Profile" listed under your name.
- Under the "Miscellaneous" heading, click "My Certificates."
If your course is not listed, but you have successfully completed the course, you can go to www.mtecp.org to obtain proof of successful completion.
To have proof that you have completed the course(s), you'll need to go to the Montana Early Childhood Project (https://www.mtecp.org/) and go into My Professional Development Record. From there, look up your account and you should be able to view your "Approved Training List" (which will show that you completed the course(s). The course(s) listed on this document are valid and prove to the state that you have completed the training. Use this list in place of your certificate(s).
- I did not pass my course. What do I need to do?
Return to the course and check your grades and feedbacks for the activities. Resubmit any activities with low scores.
Afterwards, email the instructor to notify your resubmission. The instructor WILL NOT know that you have resubmitted your activity unless you notify them!
When a student is required to resubmit an activity, the three business day window for grading will be reapplied.
- Will my course be submitted to the Montana Early Childhood Project (ECP)?
- Yes. Courses successfully completed will show up on your Professional Development Record the following business day (excluding holidays and weekends). We will not approve a course request for completion as we manually send all reports by 2 pm MST. If you successfully complete the course after this time, look to have the course on your Professional Development Record the day after the following business day.
- Will the nutrition courses count toward the required Montana CACFP training?
- CACFP Sponsors decide what training meets the standards set in each state. So, check with your state's CACFP Sponsor. In Montana, Health, Safety & Nutrition courses approved by the Early Childhood Project Career Development System are accepted by MTCACFP. It is still prudent to check with your sponsor. We do not offer courses on CACFP regulations which is a required annual training for homes and centers participating in CACFP, as regulations differ from state to state.
- Will this course count towards the continuing education requirements for licensing in Montana?
- All of our courses are approved in Montana.
- Does this training carry Continuing Education Units (CEUs)?
- Unfortunately, ChildCareTraining.org courses do not carry CEUs.
- Will this training count toward my Child Development Associate (CDA) certificate?
Online training may be applied to your original CDA, as only training hours are required. For renewals, you need to document one of the following:
- 4.5 CEUs, or
- A three (3) credit hour college course from an accredited college or university, or
- 45 clock hours of training in Early Childhood Education and /or Child Development.
ChildCareTraining.org classes may be used for the third category-45 clock hours of training in Early Childhood Education and/or Child Development.
- Will this training count toward my National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) accreditation continuing education requirement?
- There are no continuing education requirements for NAEYC accreditation. However, there are higher education requirements. Also, if you are working on your CDA, ChildCareTraining.org courses may count as part of your training requirements.
- Will this training count toward my National Association for Family Child Care (NAFCC) accreditation training requirement?
- Yes, 10 hours of online training will count toward the NAFCC accreditation training requirement.
- Can I earn OPI renewal units?
Yes! Please request your OPI renewal units as soon as you successfully completed the course(s).
- SEID number
- Maiden or Former Name
- Date of Birth
- Name of Course
- Date enrolled
- Instructor name
We will email you a Certificate of Renewal Units that you can then turn in to OPI for credit.
- Why is/are my course(s) not showing up on my Professional Development Record on ECP?
- Courses successfully completed will show up on your Professional Development Record the following business day (excluding holidays and weekends). We will not approve a course request for completion as we manually send all reports by 2 pm MST. If you successfully complete the course after this time, look to have the course on your Professional Development Record the day after the following business day.
If you are still unable to see your class on your record after the timeline has been observed, one of these reasons listed may be the culprit:
1. You completed the material, but you didn't successfully complete the course. You will need to review your feedback from the instructor. After revising your feedback, you'll need to contact the instructor. If you need help in looking at feedback click here, if you need help in contacting the instructor, click here. Please make sure to leave enough time during your enrollment for the instructor to grade.2. Your information doesn't match. Your birth date, social, and name needs to match exactly on Childcare Training as it given on the Montana Early Childhood Project.3. You may have a duplicate account on mtecp.org. Your information could be sent to this duplicate account. This is usually very rare.
We appreciate your patience while we transfer successfully completed courses.