If you don't find the answer to a question you may have, or if you need any further assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How do I know what courses I've already taken on ChildCareTraining.org?
A list of the courses you have successfully completed can be viewed on your Profile. The courses are listed under SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED COURSES.
Please note that courses completed on ChildCareTraining.org before March 2009 will not be listed in this section.
- How do I enroll in a course?
- To enroll, select a course from the Course Catalog. You will be taken to the course's summary page. View the description of the course, then click the Enroll Now button. Click the Send payment button to pay for the course. You will be directed to the PayPal checkout page, where you can enter your credit or debit card information. Once your payment has been authorized, you can access the course.
- How do I print my course to read?
If you prefer to read the course content on paper, you may print the course. To do so, you will need to open the content in each Module and print the material. Use the keyboard shortcut, Ctrl+P (press and hold Ctrl key then P key) on your keyboard.
Note: Your quizzes and activities CANNOT be completed on paper. You must complete these online. We do not accept email or faxed responses. You MUST complete the course's quizzes and activities on the website.
- How long do I have to complete the course?
Participants have 60 days from the date of registration to complete the coursework, have the class graded by the instructor within 3 business day, and resubmit any answers toward a passing grade allowing an additional 3 business days for resubmission grading. In order to avoid being dropped before passing the course, ChildCareTraining.org recommends you complete the class at a minimum of at least two weeks prior to the 60 day drop date.
The exceptions to this are the synchronous courses which have specific begin and end dates, and are time-limited.
- Do I have to log on and complete the entire course all at once?
- You may log off and on as many times as necessary, as long as you complete and submit the course within 60 days of registration.
- How do I submit or resubmit an activity?
- Submitting and resubmitting an activity involves the same process. To submit or resubmit an activity:
- Click on the module activity (e.g. Activity One) from the course page.
- On the activity page, click on or . "Edit submission" will only appear if you have submitted the activity once.
- Type your response in the Online text section or upload a file into the File submission section.
- Once done, click .
You will be returned to the activity page. On this page, in the Submission status section, you will see a table displaying some information about your submission.
- How do I upload a file for one of my activities?
- To upload a file:
- Click or .
- In the File submissions section, if you see "You can drag and drop files here to add them" then your web browser supports drag and drop. You can locate the file on your computer and drag it over into this submission area. Your file will upload. Afterwards, skip to Step 10. If you don't see that message then continue to Step 3.
- In the File submissions section, click .
- On the left column of the File picker window, click Upload a file.
- On the right column of the File picker window, click .
- On your computer, locate and click on the file. Then click .
- Click .
- You will see your file added in the submission area.
- Repeat steps 3-8 for uploading more files.
- When you are done, click .
- How do I know that my course was submitted for grading?
- Your course will automatically be submitted for grading when you complete all quizzes and activities. Upon submitting the last assignment, you should receive a popup and an email notifying that your course has been submitted.
- I lost my Certificate of Completion. How can I get a replacement?
- If you are still enrolled in the course, simply return to it to download your certificate. Otherwise, you can view, print or download your Professional Development Record (PDR) on the Montana Early Childhood Project (ECP).
- I do not have Microsoft Word?
- Some of our files require Microsoft Word in order to access its contents. However, if you don't have Microsoft Word, you can download a free office suite from http://www.openoffice.org. This is an open source website that provides free programs for students.
- What is the course page?
- The course page is the dashboard of the course. It displays an overview of the entire course.
- How do I add text to a PDF document?
There are many paid and free software that can open PDF files, however the following instructions are for Adobe Reader. Adobe Reader is a free software and can be downloaded at http://get.adobe.com/reader/. If you already have Adobe Reader on your computer, make sure it is up-to-date.
Open the PDF file in Adobe Reader. You should see something similar to the figure below. Let's get familiar with its user interface.
To hide/show the navigational tools, press the following keys on your keyboard.
- F4 - Navigation pane
- F8 - Tool bar and Task pane
- F9 - Menu bar
To add text to the document, follow the steps in the figure below.
- How do I view my grades for a course?
- View grades through My Courses
- View grades from in a course
- How do I view the instructor's feedback for an activity?
Return to the activity and scroll down to the Feedback section. The instructor's feedback is located in the Feedback comments row of the table. You may need to click on the plus (+) icon to show the rest of the feedback.
Feedbacks for activities can also be found in your gradebook for the course. See "How do I view my grades for a course?" for instructions.
- I am a participant in the STARS to Quality Program, how do I enroll into a STARS course for free?
- Please contact your program Director or your STARS Consultant for the key code to take the STARS course for free.
- How do I enroll into the in-person class?
- The in-person class is not available on ChildCareTraining.org. Please check your local Child Care Referral Agency for availability. Find local referral agency >>
- How do I translate your courses into my preferred language?
- We only offer courses in English, but you could use another web browser or extensions that support translation. To translate to another language using Chrome, download and view these instructions. Please note: We can not guarantee that using this translation method will give the desired translation.
- How do I insert a table into the Online text editor?