FAQs: Using the Site
If you don't find the answer to a question you may have, or if you need any further assistance, please contact us at email@example.com.
- How do I create a new user account?
- Go to our Sign Up page, then fill out the form. Make sure you complete all of the required fields. Once you complete the form, you will be instructed to check your email for a message to confirm your account. Simply click on the confirmation link in the email, and your account will be established. You can now browse our Course Catalog and enroll in a course. Also, we suggest taking our Site Tutorial to familiarize yourself with how our website works.
- How do I report a problem?
To report a problem on ChildCareTraining.org, locate the Contact Support button on the lower right-corner of your screen. Click on the button and fill out the form. Please be as detailed as possible when reporting a problem (e.g., include your name, name of course, name of activity, etc.).
- What is the Site Tutorial?
- The Site Tutorial provides helpful insight on navigating through ChildCareTraining.org. The Site Tutorial will show you how to navigate through the website, how to enroll in a course, and how to navigate through a course once you're enrolled. It will also explain site-specific terminology. If you're confused about something on the site, please start at the Site Tutorial, as there's a good chance your question may be answered there. We encourage ALL students to take this quick and easy tutorial to familiarize yourself with how everything works.
- What is a Sample Course?
- Curious as to what we're all about? The Sample Course is an actual course from our curriculum that you can enroll in for free. It will give you an idea of what to expect for content, quizzes, activities and formatting. You will not receive training credit hours for this course. It is simply a helpful resource.
- What is a block?
- A block is a the navigational tool located on the right-hand column of the website (e.g. Navigation, Settings, Email Support, etc.).
- How do I contact my instructor?
- You can contact your instructor by email. Visit the Course Facilitators page to find the email address for each instructor. You can also contact the facilitator by the specific class located in “My Courses” (on the top right of the screen after logging in). Click on the appropriate course. From there, you should be able to scroll down and see Course Contacts on the left side of the page. Click "message" associated with the facilitator and it should take you to a messenger.
- How do I access my profile?
- You'll need to be logged in to access your profile. Once logged in, locate My Courses in the upper-right corner of your screen. Click My Courses then Profile (located under your name).
- I tried to create an account and it says that my email account is already in use. What do I do?
- Each user account created on our site requires a unique email address, so you cannot create multiple user accounts with the same email address. If you need to create a new email, Gmail, Outlook.com, or Yahoo! Mail are quick, free and easy.
- I forgot my username and/or password?
- Visit the Forgotten password page. Type either your username or email address and click the Search button. A confirmation email will be sent to your email address. Click on the confirmation link to reset your password. If you are still having problems, please call us at 406.728.6446.
- When are the courses on ChildCareTraining.org available?
- Many of our courses are available on-demand, 24/7. The exceptions to this are synchronous courses which have specific begin and end dates and are time-limited. Please view our Course Catalog to see a complete list of our course offerings.
- What devices should be used for taking courses on Child Care Training?
- We recommend that all coursework be done on a laptop or desktop computer as to avoid any technical issues pertaining to visual discrepancies, lack of content, and various other issues. We understand that people do not use/nor have a laptop/desktop. In this case, we can not guarantee optimal usage of our site. We can't modify course content/how you ought to submit your material due to this discrepancy. Please be understanding and do the best that you can to work with the content. Our tech team will do the best we can to assist you.