Our courses have been approved by the Montana Early Childhood Project under the new distance learning approval guidelines. We have several new courses and are currently updating some old favorites. Check back later to find more training opportunities.
Montana Providers: Please note if you repeat a course you will not receive the training hours at the Montana Early Childhood Project.
* Not Facilitated: These classes do not offer feedback from an instructor unless you complete the extra credit activity. They are graded automatically and you certificate is available immediately upon completion.
Child Growth & Development
- Active, Willful, Curious, Unpredictable Two-Year-Old Children
- Inexpensive, Safe, Learning and Play Activity Tips from Ms. Sue!
- Let’s Think About It! Fostering Critical Thinking Skills in Early Childhood
- Pathway to Kindergarten
- Terrific Twos: A Survival Guide
- Tips, Tricks, and Strategies for Working with Temperament
- A Beautiful Mess: Art for Infants and Toddlers
- Gettin’ Out There: The How, Why, and Where of Field Trips
- It’s Not Magic: Using Curriculum and Assessment
- Loose Parts - Explorations with Infants and Toddlers
- Loose Parts - Inspired Play Experiences with Found Objects
- Loose Parts STEM Explorations
- Making Math Count
- Montessori Math: What is it any way? *Not Facilitated
- Responsive Lesson Planning for Infants and Toddlers
Family & Community Partnerships
Health and Well-being
- Around the Table
- Brain Foods
- Health and Safety Review 2019-2022
- High Energy with High Fiber
- Gluten Free Guide *Not Facilitated
- Growing Healthy Youngsters from Seed to Plate
- I Don’t Like That! A Guide to Picky Eating
- Lil' Kids Cook Too! *Not Facilitated
- Medication Administration Refresher
- M’mm-M’mm Good! Creative Snacks!
- Montana Moves
- Sources, Signals, and Solutions: Food Allergies & Intolerances
- The Sweet and Sour on Sugar
- Top Tips for Tiny Tummies
- Outdoor Environments
- Vegetable Variety
Observation, Documentation, and Assessment
Montana Child Care Licensing Orientation Courses-For New Providers
***For new staff during the COVID-19 crisis, you are currently not required to take the classes listed below. Instead you can meet the licensing requirement by taking Health and Safety Review 2019-2022 course which is listed under the Health and Well-being section above.***
- Infant Safety Essentials: Practices including Safe Sleep and Prevention of Shaken Baby Syndrome
- YIKES Disaster Planning: Emergency Preparedness
- Child Abuse and Neglect: Mandatory Reporting
- Medication Administration in Child Care - Part I
- Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases & Immunizations
- Protecting Children from Harm
- Together We Grow
**Don’t forget to take the in-person class at your local Resource and Referral Agency.** See here >>
Montana STARS Courses
These courses meet requirements for the Best Beginnings STARS to Quality program.
STARS courses are free for providers and staff who live in the state of Montana.
Family, Friend, and Neighbor/Relative Care Exempt Providers
The following 2 courses are required as Orientation requirements for Family, Friend, Neighbor and Relative Care Exempt providers.
Please note these classes are not for family/group, or center staff.